Monday, March 28, 2011

Location, Location, Location

Deciding where to get married is one of the first and biggest steps in the wedding planning process.  The location can really set the tone for the theme and design of the whole wedding. 

During my rainy, lazy Sunday afternoon this weekend I was watching the Sex & the City movie and loved the idea of a wedding in the New York Library. 

How gorgeous is this set up in the NY Public Library?
 

And it got me thinking, what other landmarks around the globe would make for a great wedding venue...
  
The London Eye provides an amazing backdrop & view.

I think a wedding in Versailles would be so romantic... Bisous!

An outdoor ceremony at the Grand Canyon. 
How pretty is this picture?

I love this Indian wedding at the Taj Mahal. 
What better location then a gorgeous mausoleum built by an emperor out of love for his wife?
 
So, where in the world would you want to get married?

Pictures via: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

10 comments:

  1. If I could get married anywhere, damn the expense: On top of a Mountain in Arizona. Not necessarily the Grand Canyon, but yeah. Somewhere like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! Those places are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful locations!
    Tahiti would be a lovely venue I think...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out Vinewood in Newnan, GA. It's the perfect historic venue and the stables has a vintage charm that can not be duplicated elsewhere. www.VinewoodEvents.com or www.facebook.com/VinewoodEvents

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are some incredible locations! As for me . . there's a little town in France called Eze that I just adore and I think it would be the perfect place. There's a restaurant there called Mas Provencal that is just amazing!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Even for a romantic like me, I want a low-key wedding, like a picnic or a beach in the middle of nowhere! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could do it all over again it would be on a private beach with my feet in the sand. Much nicer than the chinese restaurant we held our reception in! Your blog is beautiful by the way. Makes me want to hire you and do our wedding all over again.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the idea of a wedding in a library. So unique! And so ME, being the avid reader that I am...

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg!! love this post so romantic!! new york public library set up looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I love the library idea...or Versailles! That would be amazing!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete